Thursday, January 02, 2003

I have a nasty cold today, so bad that I'm sucking on a Sucrets. It's some crazy shit, Sucrets. I haven't had one for years, but I don't remember my tongue going numb like it is right now. It's kind of freaking me out and I'm not sure I like it, though I have stopped coughing...

I'm working on a list of New Year's resolutions. I guess I need to add "meet deadlines" to it.

I went ahead and got myself a gift I had gotten my sister, the Taschen page-a-day calendar of Natural Curiosities; it's half-price now. I never thought I'd see a page-a-day calendar I actually wanted, since most of the time I find them a complete nuisance to keep up with. But this year I'll be looking forward to each morning when I can rip off yesterday's page to expose the latest weird, intricate yet inaccurate, vulgar etching of, say, a possum's birthing pouch, or porcupines curling into balls. This calendar was created with me in mind.

No comments: