Monday, December 04, 2006

I just did a workout with Maya, and at the end she said "You're doing great! I can't wait to see how you do on your next physical challenge -- that's the workout after next!"

I'm pretty excited, because the phrase "physical challenge" makes me think of Double Dare, and that is awesome. I hope I have to dig through a giant plastic nose's fake snot to find a flag!

I am finally for-reals in the process of trying to buy a house. It might be a terrible time to buy, but mortgage rates are still low, and my theory is that sellers know that it's a buyer's market and are open to reducing prices accordingly. I do have a property in mind, and I am in the middle of negotiations. The owner bought at the peak of the market two years ago, she bid over asking, and the place sold in four days. With the price she has now, she's clearly trying to recoup her costs plus her realtor's fee. But her place has been on the market for six months. I want her to give it up at a more reasonable price. The place is practically perfect for me.

Of course, I am terrified of losing my shirt (figuratively) if I get fired or something. Plus, for the past several years I have had the luxury of not having to pay attention to my expenses, and that would most definitely change. I don't exactly jet off to Costa Rica every time I feel like it, but it's nice to know that I could if I wanted to without having to save up for it.

What do you all think? Am I insane to be buying right now?

2 comments:

No Stand In Will Do said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
No Stand In Will Do said...

if not now, then when? it is a buyer's market and if you have the opportunity which you have been hoping and scrambling for, then please seize the moment. if the sale falls through, then it wasn't meant to be-i'm an atheist but i do believe that everything happens for a reason. you just wrote that it's perfect for you-so don't wait.
also, you are so lovely and exciting that i'm certain someone will want to live with you and share the expenses sooner rather than later...