Thursday, December 07, 2006

The "lighted holiday banners" are up downtown (if you recall, this is their substitution for covering the trees on Main Street with lights). This may come as a shock, but I don't like them. First of all, they're on every old-fashioned lamppost, hung opposite the "Walk into something wonderful!" banners. That's a lot of freakin' banners in a town that already has a problem with too many road signs. The design on the banners is fine, sort of mod simple fir-tree shapes (way to be culturally inclusive!); the lights that border the banners seem spaced too far apart and the overall look feels skimpy. They should have just wrapped the streetlights with white lights; that would look funky and cool, while protecting the trees and not making Main Street look like the inside of a shopping mall. More than it does already, I mean.

Tonight is trivia, of course, and hopefully our full Rugburns team will be in effect. We are tired of losing, and are going to get back to the winning. Believe it.

And oh yeah, the house thing. I am countering their "final" offer with one that's 2k less. I should just give in, but the seller is being super stubborn, which makes me want to do the same. I did have a crisis of "what am I doing?" last night, and called a bunch of people to get their advice. Unfortunately, they were unable to make my huge, life-altering decision for me, but I did get yes-votes from both of my parents (even frugal Dad), which helped. So I am going for it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

There are nice lights on the trees in Triangle Park in Florence.

Just FYI, if you're looking for that sort of Christmas atmosphere. It's up here in FloHo

dandie said...

the lighted banners are completely lame!