Monday, January 29, 2007

For the past couple of days I've actually avoided clicking on the link to my blog, out of shame that it had been so long since I posted. I had a lovely weekend, though not a very productive one. Saw a couple of fun/beautiful shows, played some fun games with firends, laughed a lot. I'm still waiting for my sister to go into labor (she's due Feb. 1, her daughter's birthday); something might happen at her weekly checkup today that would help move things along. Meanwhile, have I been getting extra sleep in anticipation of potentially pulling an all-nighter of driving and birth-partnering? No, I have not. Not for lack of trying, but I'm going through a serious bout of insomnia due to excitement/stress/anxiety. My adrenaline isn't shutting off, all due to the new house, waiting for my sister's phone call, and a new romance that's a-brewing. That's three things at once that individually would have me waking up at dawn with my heart pounding, and feeling hungover from lack of sleep for the entire day. B vitamins are the only things keeping me upright.

Still to do on the house, and soon: Get rid of several more piles of empty boxes (yay!); unpack and arrange my Meaningful Objects (i.e. crap, tchotchkes, knick-knacks); hang all of my pictures/shadow boxes; dust and sweep/vacuum. Slightly longer-term, but still important: buy a large rug (or two), buy two more chairs for my dining table, buy two stools for my kitchen counter, get an electrician over to fix my front door light and hang a pendant lamp for me. Note how all of the longer-term items cost me money. I just got my propane tanks filled, and they left a card saying how many gallons they put in and how much the gas costs per gallon, but didn't say the total cost for the fill. I'm too scared to do the math myself and I'm waiting for the actual bill... It might be scary-high. But I've been trying to live my life without fear, and so far the results are very promising.

1 comment:

No Stand In Will Do said...

nice. enjoy it. all.