Friday, August 24, 2007

I played croquet on Tuesday evening for the first time in more than 20 years. It was good times. I played regularly in the summer when I was a lass, and here's photographic proof:


kidcroquet


kidcroquet

These were taken at my late grandparents' house in Center Harbor, NH, on July 4, 1976 (making me almost 4 years old). No, I don't know which one is me, though if you go by the parent-enforced color coding system, I'm the one with the red mallet. Which makes my sister the one with the very poor form in the second photo. Click my "some of my photos" link on the right, and look in "General photos", for larger versions.

No movement on the job front, though I have been doing plenty of "networking", i.e. talking to all of my friends about my plight. And I flipped through a book of cover letters, and had my boss look at a draft of my resume (it needs work). I also talked to a former co-worker who told me that since she's been freelancing (after getting laid off in an identical situation two years ago) she is much happier, but not making as much money as she did when she was full-time. Which is worrisome. I still have time to think about all of this, though.

2 comments:

Troyd said...

Pictures are very cute. However, that link is broken. I believe the proper link is:

http://chowflap.com/gallery/main.php

-dg

Unknown said...

I freelanced for over a year. DO NOT FREELANCE unless you are totally broke. Find a permanent job. Freelancing gives virgos ulcers. There is no stability and a lot of energy wasted on lining up work. You're qualified for things. You'll get something great.