Tuesday, November 12, 2002

I am sitting here in my office, outside it's gray and cold, and the air conditioning is on. The air conditioning! It's like 50 degrees outside, and when I say degrees I mean Fahrenheit. Don't people know the delicate balance my body is going through to maintain my constant state of just-starting-to-get-a-cold? This cool air blasting through the room might tip me over into actual cold-having.

I am a busy bee this week. Yesterday we all went to the mall so the girls could get dresses for the wedding Saturday. I also almost bought a dress too but it wasn't quite right (i.e. perfect) so I might wear something I already have (which is nowhere near perfect, but is free). There were a lot of 1940s style wrap dresses which are flattering on me, but either they were made in heavy, itchy polyester or with huge floaty sleeves I was sure I'd set on fire somehow.
Tonight I have therapy, and then I watch Buffy and 24, which is kind of like therapy.
Wednesday I'm going to NYC with eight other "junior editors" to see an ASME panel discussion called "The Art of the Interview." Normally I wouldn't attend something like this; it's six hours of driving for something that's only 2 hours long, and I'm officially a senior editor now. But David Rakoff is one of the panelists! He did the "Christmas Freud" piece for This American Life (it's on the CD they put out a few years ago) and has an essay collection, "Fraud." Very funny and smart guy.
Thursday is A's play, King Lear, at the high school. Actually she's just doing hair and makeup backstage, but still.
Friday is a rehearsal dinner, because P and I both have parts in the ceremony of the wedding, which is Saturday.

On Sunday, debl rested.

No comments: