Monday, June 16, 2003

So I am mostly moved in, and spent my first night there last night. My old studio is in a shambles and I still have a bunch of stuff at the old house, but I'm putting off picking it up until I unpack a bit more. Going from having as much room as I need to a very small space has not been easy. The kitchen cabinet situation is especially ridiculous. I will be going to IKEA soon to remedy it.

Saturday I rented a U-Haul in a semi-sketchy area of Holyoke. When I was picking it up, the guy led me to the truck and had me sit down and prove that I could press on the brake pedal really hard "with those pretty little legs of yours." I had already slipped into courteous cute-girl mode so that remark didn't bother me. I pressed hard but of course the truck was in Park, so I wasn't really feeling the stiffness. Once I got going it was a whole other story. I was getting so tired that at stop lights I just put the fucker in Park.

Max and Anya and Doug and Jodi and Philip all helped me move, and for that they are angels. Anya is to be especially commended because it was her birthday! M and A missed out on the pizza and beer so I owe them something nice.

Somehow in the move I aquired a bunch of mysterious bruises all over, the oddest one being the inside of my elbow, where it looks like I've been shooting up.

more later. No internet access at the new place yet so give me a freakin' call if you want me.

No comments: