Friday, June 20, 2003

A very easy friday five. 1. Is your hair naturally curly, wavy, or straight? Long or short?
Long and naturally curly.
2. How has your hair changed over your lifetime?
It really hasn't. My grooming techniques haven't changed since high school; I put conditioner on my hair in the shower, brush it through, rinse and towel-dry. Then I try not to mess with it and get it all puffy. I almost always fail, but for a couple of hours it looks alright.

3. How do your normally wear your hair? I like to wear it loose, but it gets in my way. By the end of the day it's back in a braid or a barette or something.

4. If you could change your hair this minute, what would it look like? I'd like to lose my middle part (instead it would be more tousled and random) and have more cute wispy tendrils.

5. Ever had a hair disaster? What happened? I haven't, really, though I kind of consider my hair in grades 6 through 12 a continual disaster. (I had no idea what to do with it so I kept it in a puffy ponytail at school every single day.) But I still remember my sister coming home from a bad haircut (this was in high school; she had been trying to grow it out and make it less poodle-like, a difficult trick because our hair is so damn curly) and absolutely wailing in misery about it. Our frustrated parents didn't understand at all, but I completely related. It's not just a bad haircut: it's many more weeks of teasing and embarrassment in school. Absolute misery.

No comments: