Monday, May 24, 2004

Alright, already - People, I am fine. And by people, I mean my family. In the past 24 hours I have gotten two phone calls from them - one from Mom, one from my aunt - and I very rarely hear from them (which is both good and bad). They both left messages, and they both had this "I hope you're okay, and don't have your head in the oven at the moment... please call me and reassure me that you're still among the living" kind of a tone. They don't really have any reason to be worried about my happiness level — unless they are reading this web log, which I made them promise never to do. I know, it's impossible to police this, but once they discovered this blog, I asked them nicely to respect my privacy and to not read it (I gave them Craftytown as a distraction/consolation prize) and they agreed, and I felt satisfied that my faith in them would build a protective wall of guilt that would sheild my blog from view. Or so I thought.

I am fine, in fact. The weekend was amazingly drama-free. My patented Avoidance Technique seems to be protecting my mental health, as planned.

No comments: