Friday, March 10, 2006

What are you doing this weekend? During the day, I mean? Besides sleeping, eating, and doing chores? Well, you could come to the Western Mass Sacred Harp Convention! I will even be there at the ungodly (for a Saturday) hour of 8:30 a.m. for an hour-and-a-half stint at the welcoming table. The convention is very amenable to "just stopping by" -- that's how I first got into this whole shape-note singing thing in the first place, I stopped by for a few minutes just to listen. The welcoming table people may try to encourage you to take a book and participate (because it's all about the participating, there's no audience). So if you want to experience the spectacle of 200-300 people singing four-part harmonies at the top of their lungs, and embarrass me a little bit as a side-effect (because singing makes me feel dorky), come on by.

1 comment:

Tits McGee said...

Dude, we're so there.