Friday, August 02, 2002

Due to being vestigally involved with the NYC magazine publishing world, I had a day off today (apparently, in NYC the Conde Nast chicks leave work early on Fridays in order to beat the Hamptons traffic). P was gone, driving the girls back to their mom's now-temporary home, so I ran some errands and worked for a few hours on my present for my twin sistah. It's a sewing project of which she is well aware but I must keep the details hazy. In the middle of it all a huge thunderstorm rolled through and I took Louise dog outside to the porch to experience it with me. The thunderclaps were loud and you could practically see them rolling towards the mountains and bouncing back. Louise was unimpressed but I think it smelled good to her.

I just finished reading the Golden Compass trilogy and now I'm worried I don't have a good story to tell the harpies after I die. Shit.

No comments: