Wednesday, August 28, 2002

It looks like I'm going to be sent to California in late September. I'll be there for four days with four other coworkers, spending time at the studio in Burbank and a day at D-land. I don't want to go but I'm being asked to (usually I volunteer but I haven't been in a traveling mood of late). It's the flight I'm most worried about. Last time I flew coast-to-coast I had an awful flight. It was a red-eye, my first ever, and though I had taken a sedative I woke up during turbulence and had a panic attack; due to my insistence about getting the window seat, I was completely trapped by sleeping people (coworkers, no less). The flights I'm taking will be during the morning, and they'll be split in two by a transfer in Dallas. So maybe each plane won't be filled up with enough fuel to be a terrorist target, right?

Also, for the first time ever we're being told we will have to share rooms. Bullshit. We found incredibly cheap flights - $200 round trip from the northeast to the southwest corners of the country. I've taken this trip before and my plane ticket's usually more like $1100. I think we can spare an extra hotel room so I can read in bed all night and fart and pick my nose in privacy.

That was probably too much information for most of you. Sorry.

No comments: