Saturday, August 03, 2002

It's a hot sticky armpit outside again today so I'm huddled in my air conditioned studio while the weeds run rampant in the yard. Bored as hell. Last night I literally watched five hours of television. I caught most of an episode of The Fifth Wheel; watched some Letterman (all of the times I've watched them do "Will it float?" I am right and they are wrong. A five-pound can of Crisco? It floats! So obvious! Clearly Dave and Paul have never baked in their lives) and some Conan and some South Park. P was out of the house for a while otherwise I would have been shamed into watching more quality shows. Oh, also I saw bits of a show on studying decomposing bodies on National Geographic. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. I could only stand a few seconds before changing the channel. But then I kept switching back to it. I am the worst kind of sordid voyeur, I tell you.

No comments: