Monday, August 19, 2002

here's an IM chat I just had, made anonymous to shelter the innocent. w just took his first dose of anti-depression meds. Note how at the end I lose interest and try to bring the conversation back to me. I fail.

d: yo baby
w: hi
d: hi
w: i feel weird
d: you do?
d: I think it's all in your mind.
w: yeah
w: i dunno, maybe
d: in what way do you feel weird?
w: i feel sort of extra tired and spacy
w: and my mouth is dry
d: hmmm...
w: and i have sort of a lump in my throat
d: Well, it will be hard to tell if that's from the meds unless it happens several nights in a row.
w: its subtle. i guess i often have those symptoms but this does feel diferent
w: i guess
w: yep
w: i may be experinecing side effects
w: i'm also hyper conscious, becuase i'm paranoid
d: maybe. would that make you stop taking it? They're supposed to go away after a few weeks. Mine did.
w: i dunno
w: we'll see
d: you need to distract yourself from it somehow.
w: nausea, dizziness, sleepiness, delayed ejaculation, sweating, dry mouth, nervousness, insomnia, anorexia, and constipation.
w: those are the common side effects
d: uh huh.
w: i like this: sleepiness, insomnia
w: what the fuck is with that
d: ha. They fuck with you like that.
w: sleepy insomnia?
w: did you have insomnia?
d: sort of, right at the start. I mostly felt kind of crappy in my stomach, like I had a lump I couldn't digest. so I eventually started taking it at night so I'd sleep thru that part.
w: i'm goin to bed i feel too weird
d: my blog sucks.
w: maybe i can sleep through this
w: no its cool
d: okay. you will be okay.
w: i dunno
d: I promise
w: i might get off this bus before it leaves the station
d: you can if you want.
w: now i feel nauseous
d: you're making yourself freak out.
w: whatever. bed
w has signed off

No comments: