Monday, May 12, 2003

Whew. Busy day here at camp debl. This morning I discovered the Perils of Modern Fashion. My dog jumped up on me unexpectedly, and, since I was wearing a midriff-baring shirt and low-rise jeans, her claw carved a little frowny welt in my flesh just below my navel.

The sun was shining about half an hour ago but now it looks like it's back to being clammy and wet out.

Tag Saling was not as great as I was hoping for. Perhaps my expectations were too high. They certainly were for the "Monster Tag Sale" at the church downtown. I even got up early - set the alarm for 8, after staying up until 2:30 the night before. I mapped out some juicy-sounding sales and planned my attack before leaving the house: Estate sale in N'ton first, then hit some E'ton ones, ending up at the Monster. But the estate sale was really just someone's basement full of junk. I scouted for about five minutes and left. Apparently there were some good clothes there, because a friend scored big there later. Oh well. At the E'ton ones, they had an okay selection, just nothing of what I was looking for: small kitchen table thing, air conditioner, new-ish microwave oven, Fire King bowls... I did get a fairly large plant stand/shelving thing for one dollar, and a nice vintage flower pin for 50 cents. At the Monster Tag Sale I scored a broken watch for 10 cents (woo!), a book with a nice cover and illustrations for some distant future art project, and a 75-cent plastic yellow case for all the spools of thread I bought at a previous tag sale. As you can tell, I was not very successful. But I had fun anyway.

I also saw the X-Men sequel. It's better than the first one. It's just a bubblegum movie, but I found it thrilling enough. Plus they had previews for the new Matrix film, Hulk, Charlies Angels II, and Stuck On You, the preview for which took me a few minutes to realize it wasn't a parody of a dumb movie but an actual dumb movie.

No comments: