Friday, September 05, 2003

C'est le Friday Five.

1. What housekeeping chore(s) do you hate doing the most?
Cleaning the litterbox. I hate it. If I did it more often it wouldn't be as bad, yet I still can't make myself do it more than once or twice a week. I also hate dusting - I have so many knick-knacks and shit I have to move, it takes forever. Instead I just floof around with my fluffy duster which doesn't really do anything.

2. Are there any that you like or don't mind doing?
I kind of like cleaning the bathroom, giving everything a good scrubbing. Basically any cleaning where I can see the results, I like.

3. Do you have a routine throughout the week or just clean as it's needed?
I clean as needed. This is another good thing about living alone: not feeling pressured to clean, or having to clean up others' messes.

4. Do you have any odd cleaning/housekeeping quirks or rules?
Uh, no. I think I have a pretty reasonable approach to cleaning. However, the way I do the dishes probably wastes a lot more water than it should. I never really learned how to do an entire sinkload of dishes, having grown up with a washing machine.

5. What was the last thing you cleaned?
My hands. Also, I did the dishes last night. This weekend I need to do a sweep/vacuum and some laundry. I have to get back into the laundromat swing. Last time I went too close to closing time, and had to take my clothes home only half-dry. I had to make a clothesline out of jute rope and hang it in the hallway/stairwell (tying one end to a towel rack in the bathroom and the other end to a plant hanger above the stairwell window) to hang up the damp clothes. Not so good with the planning, there.

No comments: