Thursday, September 18, 2003

I've been asked to do an even-more-public weblog for Masslive, about "Northampton." I'm considering it, about what my voice would be, and how to differentiate my blog from the other town blogs on the site. Email me if you have any ideas.

This morning a recipe tester came in to feed the two foodie editors some breakfast casserole: biscuit dough, with egg, crumbled sausage, and cheese on top. Looked pretty good and smelled great, but I don't eat red meat. The tester/creator was a man, which is unusual. It was cute to watch him explain the dish, all proud about how simple and tasty it was.

Also for some reason there were a dozen Dunkin Donuts muffins up for grabs. I took a blueberry. I don't know who started the trend of putting chunky sugar crystals on top of muffins, but I don't like it. The muffin top should be an unblemished chewy/crunchy helmet of joy, and the sugar just wrecks the texture. I worked for Dunkin' Donuts one summer; it was my obligatory fast-food restaurant experience. Maybe I should write them a letter.

No comments: