Tuesday, September 30, 2003

I have digital camera envy. Sure my camera looks cool, but lately I've been noticing that most of my photos have a ton of noise in the darker areas. I thought this was a low light problem until I saw the pics I took of the Brooklyn Bridge in bright sunlight, and the shadows were noisy. Grrr. I looked around online and the only advice I've heard is to keep the ISO as low as possible and use the shortest exposure you can. My camera is only a year old and should be able to take nice images; it's a Canon and a 2-megapixel. It's not a resolution problem anyway, just noise (instead of being shades of black and grey, the shadows have speckles of red and green in them). Maybe it's my no-name brand memory card? Is that possible? Probably not... I'll play around with it in the next couple of days.

Go check out Craftytown (and admire my restraint in not making any double-entendres; it was difficult not to since I have the sense of humor of a 12-year-old boy) to read a short post about chestnuts.

Last night I let the dog sleep on the bed, I was so cold. Today I have the Fawns' Wicked Cold stuck in my head. Even the "dan-nat, dan-nat, dan-nat, dan-nat" part. It's much better than yesterday, when I left work singing, inexplicably, Lady in Red.

No comments: