Tuesday, April 06, 2004

More about that naughty, naughty Tigger: It seems a certain person, let's call her finslippy, also had a creepy encounter with this crazy sexed-up denizen of the 100-Acre Wood. In her own words:

"I WAS MOLESTED BY TIGGER!

Sort of.

When I was 17 and my chorus took a trip to Disney World, Tigger walked right up to me, put his arm around my shoulder, began suggestively rubbing at said shoulder, and said, "Rowr."

Okay, so there was no fondling. But there might have been! If I hadn't walked away!

Still, I finally feel like I've achieved closure. Your blog brings not only entertainment--it brings healing."

So, so true.

I've also had a weird encounter with The One Whose Bottom is Made Out of Springs. When my sister and I went to that place way back in 96 or 97, we met Tigger in the very same room they mention in the article. And our Tigger, disturbingly, made these little "kiss kiss" lip-smacking noises inside of his/her fur head. The costumed characters are not allowed to talk,* but somehow this person thought that meant they could still make the kinds of noises guys make hanging out on the sidewalk as you walk past.

However, it's not the same Tigger guy as the guy arrested yesterday, because this person was a "new hire." Something about putting on the Tigger suit seems to draw out the perversion in people, I guess.

*At a press event a couple of years ago I met Sweetums. He talked. I was amazed. I said, "Hey, you talk! I thought you guys weren't allowed to do that!" and he said, "Of course I can talk! I'm not from Disney, kid." True story. I guess if you're a Muppet from the very start, and not a plush three-dimensional interpretation of a celluloid creature, then you can do what you can really do, if you get my meaning. It also sounded just like the actual Sweetums, leading me to believe it may have been the actual Sweetums, Richard Hunt, inside. Then I found out that Richard Hunt died in 1992. Shit.

No comments: