Monday, April 12, 2004

On Easter:

- I finally sold my futon that's been sitting in my dining area for, oh, five months or so, for $10. (I had been considering paying $25 to get it thrown in the dump.) Thanks, Aunt Clara's Closet!

- I made strawberry pancakes that were not as wonderful as I'd hoped they'd be.

- I walked around the old State Hospital and took some photos. There's now a massive, long chain-link fence around the main complex, so you can't go in and wander around the spooky courtyards anymore.

- The dog fetched a stick thrown into the water, over and over again. She's gone from being afraid of getting water on her back to happily and confidently swimming in a strong current.

- After the dog walk I drove to the mall, which was closed. Because it's easter. Duh.

- A man in a hut gave me candy.

- I kept the dog in my apartment alone for about 23 minutes, and she seemed okay when I returned. My little training plan might be working.

- I called my grandmother and my parents to wish them a happy easter. Grandma is doing great, parents seem good. They're going to bail me out by providing dog care this upcoming weekend. You know the situation is desperate when I decide tacking an extra hour and a half to my drive is worth it. But I just gotta go see my little Lula.

No comments: