Monday, April 05, 2004

On Friday I rented the DVD set of Strangers with Candy, Season Two and watched almost all of the episodes this weekend. Today, I can't get "I'm gonna sit at the welcome table" out of my head AT ALL. It's a genius show. Four of the episodes had commentary by the three leads (Amy Sedaris, Paul Dinello, Steven Colbert), who have worked together for years, so I listened to the commentary and pretended they were my friends. They're so funny, my new friends! They really have it all goin' on.

I also got to watch the first three episodes of Freaks and Geeks, courtesy of H, who has the awesome DVD set. Watching the show is like going through a painful, yet funny, flashback to junior high. (Funny cuz it's true.) Judd Apatow really captures how high school was for most people. I'm not surprised the series was cut, though; I think if you're young enough to be their target demographic, and are currently a freak/geek or used to be one in the recent past, watching the show might be too much reality. And of course NBC treated the show like crap, moving it from night to night like a cheap whore. Stupid TV executives. Anyway, who cares - now, with the power of DVD, we can enjoy fine television IN OUR OWN HOMES!

No comments: