Thursday, February 08, 2007

After telling DG a couple of days ago that my cats had stopped waking me up in the middle of the night, they've been waking me up in the middle of the night. Sigh. I really wish they (ok, it's really just half-monkey Junebug) would cut it the fuck out.

I had a dream recently that my new house was a much bigger suburban ranch in bad shape, and in the dream I was showing it to my parents. In the utilities area, my dad noticed the sketchy, filthy, yellow McDonald's-branded tubes coming from the furnace, and he picked up the end of the tube (having been disconnected but never removed), accidentally spilling old fry-oil on the floor. Later I discovered a wing of the house that I hadn't looked at since the first time I'd been shown the place. In this wing was a narrow parlor with sort of ornate furniture everywhere, including a crowded, over-full, double-sided bookcase/cabinet in the center, essentially making the narrow room into two even narrower rooms. Filed among the old books were slices of unfrosted chocolate cake. I took one and ate it and it was fresh and delicious.

1 comment:

Troyd said...

I didn't mean to give you bad luck! I'm sorry.