Tuesday, February 27, 2007

First of all, this was interesting reading, in light of the sudden and inexplicable closing of the Quiznos on Main Street last year.

Second of all, I'm going to start using those tags that all the kids are talking about, because they are fun. I like words.

I went to the Holyoke flea market Sunday. I wasn't really looking for anything to buy... It was more of a trip to refresh the library of images and sounds my brain pulls from when I'm dreaming. The best part of the Holyoke flea is the old guy playing (badly) a Casio keyboard with automatic accompanyment -- you know, the feature where you can pick, say, "Bossa Nova" and then hit a key and it'll play a backing track in the chord you want. He is awesome. He has no tip jar, and has no items to sell; he plays his dusty version of "Que Sera Sera" solely to serenade you as you walk by.

2 comments:

Henning said...

Pretty sure I've seen that guy counting money out of a jar. Just sayin'.

debl said...

Well... Maybe he uses a jar as a wallet? I didn't see one, but to be honest, I wasn't looking very hard.