Tuesday, April 15, 2003

Hey look - it's the Tuesday (ahem) Five!

1. What was the first band you saw in concert? The first one I went sans parents was pretty hip: it was Souxsie and the Banshees. Ziggy Marley opened up, believe it or not. This was at Rutgers. Before that, I had seen Sting with my mom in a big arena show. I was really into the Police but by this point Sting was promoting his second solo album. This was as close as I could get.

2. Who is your favorite artist/band now? I listened to the White Stripes' Elephant a few more times and now I'm in love with it. Next week I'll probably have a different answer.

3. What's your favorite song? I really like "Planet" by the Sugarcubes, yes even with the crazy guy's shout-singing. Also "Man Out of Time" by Elvis Costello, or perhaps "Sweet Pear" if I'm feeling dramatic. Then of course there's the Beatles. And Liz Phair's first album, and Elliott Smith's second and third albums. Who can possibly answer this?

4. If you could play any instrument, what would it be? Guitar. Or bass. For the rocking.

5. If you could meet any musical icon (past or present), who would it be and why? John Lennon. I'd like to see if he was a loving peaceful creative friendly freak, or an arrogant snobby off-putting freak. A mix off the two, I'd imagine.

No comments: