Wednesday, April 09, 2003

You may be wondering what I've been doing these past few days. Probably not, but regardless, here's what I've been doing:

working on sewing a simple dress made with a vintage 1960s pattern and vintage fabric. put in and took out the zipper twice; decided third try was good enough. next step is to sew the sides together

sewing a new curtain for the window in the back door. it looks nice

putting stuff on ebay and mailing out a couple of things I sold

watching The Daily Show

making steamed jade dumplings (asparagus, water chestnuts, scallions, ginger, garlic, in won ton wrappers). they were delicious. next time I'll try making shu mai

deciding to cook remaining dumplings in oil the next day, which makes them way too oily and slimy; going to Sacred Harp sing right after; feeling like I'm gonna vomit while belting out the big notes; leaving the sing at the mid-way break to go home and watch 24.

watching After Hours and Brain Candy for the second or third times

that's pretty much it. Not really any socializing or leaving the house much. I did get the newest White Stripes, which I've listened to once and liked. I need multiple listens to see if I'll love it. Sure, there can be initial chemistry, and that's great, but it's more important to make a connection. I hope to continue my journey with Elephant and see where it takes us.

(I've also been reading some reality show recaps on Television Without Pity.)

No comments: