Friday, April 04, 2003

A prescient Friday Five.

1. How many houses/apartments have you lived in throughout your life? Pre-College? My family lived in one house from (my) age 2 until after I graduated college. After college, on my own? 4 apartments and one house.

2. Which was your favorite and why? There are things I liked about most of the apres-college places, except for number two (crazy old landlady living below me, paper-thin walls, poor heat, blown fuses). I liked my place on Lyman Rd. a lot: It's a quiet street, I could walk to town, I had two huge, tall, sunny rooms, and I lived alone for the first (and only, so far) time.

3. Do you find moving house more exciting or stressful? Why? Stressful, mostly, because packing is an enorrmous job. I tend to take the "opportunity" to sort through and shed some of my crap, which takes me many hours. But once all of my stuff is at the new place I really enjoy unpacking and setting everything up.

4. What's more important, location or price? Well, I have no choice but to consider the cost, but location is muy importante.

5. What features does your dream house have (pool, spa bath, big yard, etc.)? Big yard or a proximity to wilderness; a garden (both vegetable and flower); quietude. It must not be too far from town. A nice-looking fenced-in area for my dog. A small circular room in a tower, with windows everywhere, is a must. A messy craft/sewing/art-making area. Big sunny common room for friends to visit.

No comments: