Monday, January 31, 2005

Hello. Here is a nice photo of me on New Year's Eve, early in the evening when some little kids asked me to dance at the Center for the Arts.

I still haven't heard any details from the Powers That Be about my new job. I am picturing a lot of pounding on the table: "I need debl! You must give her the money she's asking for!"
"But we don't have it in the budget! We'll have to fire the janitor to make up the loss!"
"Then do it - I'll take the trash out myself, if that's what it takes! I must have debl working for me!!"

In reality it's probably more like "She's asking for, like, a 50% raise, which is just ridiculous... Let's find a way to break this to her gently, okay?"

And, somewhat unrelated and in a stolen-from-McSweeney's format, I give you:

A LIST OF DISNEY-INVENTED WORDS ALONG WITH FOUR I JUST MADE UP

1. Illuminations
2. Buffeteria
3. Philharmagic
4. Magication
5. Funtertainment
6. Panoramagique
7. Imagineer
8. Playtorium
9. Skytacular
10. Streetmosphere
11. Wonderquarium
12. Fantasmic
13. Teenspiration
14. Dreamflight
15. Innoventions


Answers later. Any guesses as to which ones I made up?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My guesses are #4, #5, #9, and #13.

I find it hard to believe that only four of them are made up. (BTW, you really should email this to McSweeney's.)
- Sarah.

debl said...

I'm amazed that you only got two right.

I'll email it to McSw's, but I'll have to use a pseudonym as to not get fired. Because they are very sensitive.