Monday, February 10, 2003

Also from Blue Bloggy: "I'm trying to bring back "Dag," as in "you paid HOW much for that shirt?! DAG!" It was a very popular exclamation in my predominantly black middle school in the mid-1980s."

Funny she should mention it, as I had a humorous time trying to explain to the girls our peculiar preteen useage of the term "psyche!" (which we usually spelled, in passed notes and such, "sike!"). You use it in place of "just kidding!" Example: "You know, I watched that entire Michael Jackson thing last Thursday, and I gotta say, I think he's sexier than ever. Psyche!"

Also, I wish everyone said "word" a lot more. It's like the opposite of Dag: Word is a positive reinforcement of whatever was just said, instead of the bad-news, I-can't-believe-it tone of Dag.

Word.


No comments: