Friday, February 07, 2003

I watched most of the Michael Jackson thing last night. I ended up feeling very sad. He's just stuck in his hellish childhood, trying to get it right this time by giving "his" children (I don't think that blond kid has a drop of Jackson DNA in him) whatever it is he lacked. I think the kids will be fine until adolescence. Then they'll start becoming autonomous beings, questioning and comparing, and they'll see how intensely fucked up their situation is. Who knows what will happen then.

I did come away from it believing that MJ never touched those kids in a sexual way. He seems completely asexual to me. He's not a repressed gay man, he's not a straight guy ashamed of his urges; he's literally, pathologically stuck in childhood. He's pre-sexual.

I did think the last half an hour on Jackson's plastic surgery was mean-spirited. Also, who cares. It's obvious he's had more than two surgeries on his nose and face, but why spend 30 minutes on it? That one plastic surgeon, the woman, showed way too much glee when going through the tragedies that have been done to this guys face. I ended up just thinking 'what a bitch' instead of 'Michael is a total freak.' Though he is. Just not in a fun way.

No comments: