Tuesday, March 18, 2003

Musicians United to Win Without War This might be old news, but here's a list of musicians who are publicly against the war. there are artists from an incredibly wide range of genres - it's very heartening. And I need all I can get of that today. I keep thinking about what's going to happen and feeling like an angry clenched fist, but then I realize how powerless I am and I loosen up and just get sad. There are so many things wrong with what's happening Ñ the one that drives me the most insane is Bush saying Iraq is an imminent threat, and furthering the lie that they had anything at all to do with 9-11, when not a single hijacker was Iraqi Ñ if I try to think too deeply about it my head starts spinning. This is a dark day.

However. Even though clearly the international peace protests didn't change minds in the White House, I'm feeling even more strongly that I need to become more active. The very least I can do is stand up and be counted. And I'd rather do that little tiny thing than nothing at all.

No comments: