Tuesday, March 04, 2003

Here's Monday blog on Tuesday. It was very windy Sunday night, so windy that the plastic on the window in our bedroom came unstuck a little, and was crackling and snapping loudly like a noisy, crinkly plastic bag. By 2:00 a.m., after trying to retape the thing to no avail, I told P, "If I'm still awake in half an hour I'm ripping that thing down."

P: No, don't. You do and it'll be 10 degrees colder in here.

Me: I don't care!

Ten minutes pass. Flippity flappity flippity flappity flippity flappity.

P: All right, rip it down.

Me: Really? Yes!!

I ripped it down and it only got a little colder. I like sleeping in a cold room, as long as I'm well-blanketed. Yesterday I installed another plastic cover, but this one seems a little thinner and cheaper. Maybe someday spring will come and we can be plastic-free.


Also this weekend I watched the first 10 episodes of The Sopranos. One of the first things I said at work the next day was "What the fuck is with that?" without even thinking about the inappropriate cursing. Luckily the person I was talking to agreed with me that whatever it was was, indeed, fucked up.

I also did a little sorting, clearing my computer desk so I could actually see wood again. I went through my books and I'm getting rid of about 15 pulp romance books (I still probably have 30 top ones). I think I'll try selling them as a lot on eBay, because it's not worth the time to do them individually. Does anyone out there want them? Name your price.

No comments: