Wednesday, July 16, 2003

Have you seen this ad for DiSorrono liquor? After some flirting between a fancy lady and a gross-looking man who clearly has been told that he is very handsome, the voiceover says "DiSoronno's warm and sexual taste...." Excuse me, sexual? A sexual taste? What the fuck does that mean? It tastes as though you're having sex? What part of the sexual experience does it taste like? Because that would be a big factor in my decision to order this drink.

I think they meant sensual. Sensual would make sense. But I can just picture the stupid overpaid beDockered ad-guys sitting around and saying "Yeah, it's sensual, but I want something stronger that that. You know, like sexy, but also sensual. ... I know, sexual! It's like sexy and sensual in one word!" (high-fives all around.)

Dorks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Somehow I never saw this ad until tonight, over 3 years after you posted this. I had to replay the ad 3 times to be sure about what I was hearing.

I agree with you 100%!