Monday, July 07, 2003

So my cat Wedge has a problem, probably a thyroid thing. My vet has shamed me about not getting an endoscopy done to find out if she's going to die sooner rather than later. But she's ten years old. The endoscopy is something like $1200 and my cat has already suffered through two recent traumatic vet experiences. I do have some medication to try for her thyroid thing, but if she's throwing up because of a big tumor in her stomach, there isn't much I can do (they can't remove it, they say). So I've been cleaning up vomit on a daily basis. She just pukes wherever she happens to be at the time. Miraculously it's never been on my bed, shoes, or clothes, but it's been on virtually everything else.

Things my cat has vomited on:

The tangle of electrical cords connected to my computer (several times)

the foot pedal for my sewing machine

still-in-package curtain rods

brand-new, white, looped pile rug from Ikea

several other rugs and carpets

a pile of bills (paid, thank god)

my dog's bed

a pile of newspapers and magazines (because ruining just one wasn't good enough)

a stack of framed vintage photographs (not permanently ruined, luckily)

As you can see, it's always something difficult to clean, and she manages to hit several different parts. She's really quite skilled. I'm going to go try to get her to swallow a pill. Wish me luck.

No comments: