Tuesday, July 01, 2003

I have been too busy to blog. Not busy with anything all that fun. I was supposed to close on the sale of my house today, but the mortgage people screwed up the paperwork, and now the buyer's asshole lawyer (they agree that he's an asshole) says we can't close until the 10th, however the buyers have to move in today or they'll be homeless, so my overworked lawyer has to quickly write up something sparing me from being sued or something if the house catches on fire. I blame the asshole lawyer who is not willing to stay late at work in order to make this happen this week (he's the only reason why the closing isn't any earlier than the 10th). What a dick! Apparently he has a horrendous reputation, but the poor buyers - close friends of mine, mind you - had no idea. I have half a mind to publish the tales of his ethically-questionable misdeeds all over the web but he'd probably find some weaselly way to sue me. So email me if you want the rat bastard's name so you can stay as far away from him as possible.

It's not all bile over here, though. I am slowly finishing up my unpacking. My trip to Ikea was a success on several levels. Last night I walked out on the dyke and saw a multitiude of fireflies in the overgrown pasture below. It's absolutely gorgeous out today. Things are not as bad as they seem.

No comments: