Monday, September 23, 2002

I just wrote -- no, carefully crafted -- a long and witty post that included a seamless segue between Neuticles and last nightÕs Emmys. And then Blogger has some kind of error and deleted all my good work. In brief: if youÕre obsessed with the look and feel of your dog or catÕs nutsack, and this obsession (combined with your own deep-rooted castration fantasies) is keeping you from getting your pet neutered, might I suggest neuticles?

The first quote on the neuticles media page is from the Daily Show, which should tell you something right there. My friend E (see, IÕm doing DÕs initial-only thing now) writes for the Daily Show -- in fact, he couldÕve written that neuticles joke, though I doubt it -- and he was up for an Emmy last night. The Daily Show writers lost this year to SNL; they won last year, though. I was on my honeymoon by the time they actually aired the Emmys last year (in early November) and did you know they delay broadcast of the Emmys on the west coast? Even though thatÕs where they take place? So we actually called E back in NY to find out if he won.

Speaking of E, he's the one who first alerted me to the mind-bogglingly good Flash animations at hoogerbrugge. I've viewed all 99 of the Modern Living animations, and if you're like me, it'll make you want to run right out and learn Flash, but then stop yourself before you've made it out the door, because how could you ever make anything that creative and amazing? It's already been done. Relax and enjoy.

No comments: