Wednesday, September 25, 2002

It looks like this is going to be the big peace march to attend. I haven't been to anything but little Quakerly candelight vigils since college, myself. I think it's time to start marching, if only to feel a little less helpless. I have some problems with activist rallies, actually; I find the experience of marching around with a lot of other people who already agree with me a little bit, you know, dumb. And I don't think I can face chanting simplistic slogans anymore (1, 2, 3, 4! We don't want your racist war! etc.). But what the hell else can I do? When they come for me in the end, I want to be able to say that at least I stood up and made sure I was counted in the opposition. Maybe then I won't be first against the wall... (who am I kidding -- I'm going to be first against the wall because Bush is going to turn the entire world against us, violently, and then more terrorists are going to blow up more shit in my city, and it's going to be exactly your fault, you Sept.-11th-politically-profiteering mutherfucker, you stupid evil dough-face, you blind sniggering crotch-sniffer, you manipulative doublespeak-spouting shameless bastard!)

No comments: