Tuesday, September 24, 2002

The most offensive design job I've ever worked on: the audio packaging for a book that not only glorifies warfare in general (that would already be against my religion, quite frankly) but the military might of Nazi Germany in particular. You heard me. A quote from the back-of-book blurb:
"Aided by the tremendous air power of deadly screaming Stukas, Panzer battalions attacked swiftly and violently, smashing through enemy lines, destroying supplies and artillery positions, and shattering the enemy's will to resist. The sheer scale of rapid-fire victories amazed the world and elevated the tank soldiers to an almost mythical status."
...I guess if you're really into the whole technology of warfare thing you can let moral judgments re: a war's participants fall by the wayside. And did I insert some sort of subtle anti-war message into the design somehow? No, because I am a chicken. Anyway, I've closed this project, but there's a second volume coming up soon. Suggestions?

No comments: