Wednesday, September 18, 2002

So I did it.

I bought a GameBoy Advance. And a Warioland 4 game. Total came to just over $100.

At home, the girls were incredulous. "Why do you have that?" Dumbfounded. "Where did you get that?" They figured I had stolen it from an 8-year-old or something. But no, I bought it.

I figure it will help me travel next week (and the future). And it's a treat, sure, to make me feel better. Is it bad that part of my justification was thinking, lots of people buy new books each time they fly... This is like a book, only better, and I can use it over and over, unlike a book.

I am a product of my generation. Or something like that.

I am also planning on taking my knitting needles on the plane. I bought some random yarn at the Salvation Army (three balls for a buck) and have retaught myself how to knit with some online help. My needles are bamboo so they shouldn't show up on the scanner.

No comments: