Tuesday, August 12, 2003

Hi. So, does anyone want a slightly used dog? She's driving me crazy. Got skunked over the weekend and had picked up at least one flea by Monday, resulting in two baths and several loads of redundant laundry (a huge pain now that I have to deal with coin-ops) and vacuuming (both times were very sweaty). I put Frontline on the dog and gave her Program, so all fleas on her will be dead by the end of tomorrow, I reckon. She's now fairly un-smelly. But I'm exhausted.

My grandmother's dog, Cassie, had to be put to sleep. Cassie was an eldderly miniature dachshund, full of piss and vinegar. She hated my dog, and would strain at the end of her leash, trying to get at her, and rip tufts of grass out of the ground, throwing them to either side of her, out of sheer frustration. But Cassie was a great lap-dog, a comfort to my grandmother. I'm sending her a condolence card.

No comments: