Tuesday, August 05, 2003

I haven't posted today because my carpal tunnel-ish injury has made my shoulder, arm, and hand hurt so much I was tearing up. I took some ibuprofren a while ago, though, and now I can type without wanting to shoot my arm off.

I'm getting used to sleeping in my rainforest-like bedroom. It's not so bad, really, plus it's great for the skin. Not mine; I mean the skin I have curing in my bedroom closet.

heh, I am gross.

I went to the Listening Room show last night. It's a small basement space, a former chi-chi and short-lived restaurant, so it's very swanky looking, and also very quiet and good for semi-unplugged shows. Also their bathrooms are totally awesome. Talking is discouraged and that unspoken rule is respected. This night it was Thane Thomson (not sure if that name's correct) and Mike Flood. I'd seen Thane's band but could never make out the words before last night. That is the genius behind this concert series. I really liked his songs, especially the ones he played from the 12-step-program song cycle he's been working on. I'd never seen Mike Flood before; he was engaging and hilarious and seemed about to lose control at any moment in a wonderful way.

I didn't get to bed on time, I stayed up late reading Harry Potter like a 12-year-old. I have no regrets!

Should I get a tattoo? I could get a good deal on one, probably, if I went to this guy I used to date who I just ran into last weekend. He sucked at tattooing when I knew him like 7 or 8 years ago (man, I am old!), but he showed me some ink he'd done on himself recently and it was really good. But I dunno. What always stops me is my worry of hating it later. I am very, very glad that I never got the iris (a flower, not eye part) tattooed on my back 10 years ago. I was all set to get it, and I even went to the parlor down in Enfield, CT with two college friends getting their first tattoos (an ankh and a little butterfly on a hip and asscheek, respectively), and I chickened out, not because of the pain but because I knew deep down that my artwork was truly awful. And it was. I have some better ideas now though, including some I've had around for ten years and still like, so I figure that's a good sign. What do you all think? If only I had comments, and then i could take a poll or something. Maybe I'll switch over to livejournal...

No comments: